Living in the Kingdom
Dean: Andrew Johnson
Start Time: Sept. 4 @ 7:00pm
End Time: Sept. 6 @ 10:00am
Family Weekend allows the whole family to experience the magic of camp! Family Weekend serves the entire family from 0 to 116. Families will be sleeping overnight from Friday to Sunday at camp together. Our amazing families can bond over an authentic camp experience while making important connections to others. Everyone is sure to create memories that will last a life time.
A few things that your need to know.
- Programming is designed for families. (Parents are responsible for their children)
- If you have ballgames/church activities, you are free to come and go as you wish. (I don’t want you to miss a great weekend, because a child has a game for 2 hours or you need to leave early to teach Sunday School)
- Housing will be first comes, first serve, and based on family needs. (You are welcome to tent camp if you desire, or we even have a few electric hookups for campers.)
- Your family is what you desire it to be, Grandparents, cousins etc. (Only Married couples can be housed together)
- The schedule is flexible, so if your family wants to have their own activity or little ones need to nap, that is fine.
- Some activities will have age requirements. (Ropes Course, Zipline, etc.)
This Year’s Theme is “Living in the Kingdom” – Closer Look at the Parables of Jesus.
About the Dean
Where are you involved at church?
What is your favorite Bible verse?
“Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.” (Philippians 2:3-4)
What does camp ministry mean to you?
I have been actively involved with Christian Camping my entire life. For me personally camp is where: my faith was strengthened, I was called to ministry, I meet my wife, and I hold some of my fondness memories.
What is your favorite camp memory?
I love evening campfire worship
What is your favorite dessert?