Doing What’s Right Even When Its Tough
Dean: Matt Robinson
Start Time: July 3 @ 7:00pm
End Time: July 5 @ 10:00am
Family Weekend allows the whole family to experience the magic of camp! Family Weekend serves the entire family from 0 to 116. Families will be sleeping overnight from Friday to Sunday at camp together. Our amazing families can bond over an authentic camp experience while making important connections to others. Everyone is sure to create memories that will last a life time. We are so excited about this new program.
A few things that your need to know.
- Programming is designed for families. (Parents are responsible for their children)
- If you have ballgames/church activities, you are free to come and go as you wish. (I don’t want you to miss a great weekend, because a child has a game for 2 hours or you need to leave early to teach Sunday School.)
- Housing will be first come first serve, and based on family needs. (You are welcome to tent camp if you desire, or there are even have a few electric hookups for campers.)
- Your family is what you desire it to be, Grandparents, cousins etc. (Only married couples can be housed together)
- The schedule is flexible, so if your family wants to have their own activity or little ones need to nap, that is fine.
- Some activities will have age requirements. (Ropes course, Zipline, etc.)
This Year’s Theme is “Doing What’s Right Even When It’s Tough.” Being brave isn’t just about facing your fears or not being scared of heights. Sometimes bravery is being willing to do the right thing when nobody else does. For Family Weekend, we will learn about how we can encourage each other to do what’s right event when it’s tough.
“Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, “King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majesty’s hand. But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.” – Daniel 3:16-18
About the Dean
Where are you involved at church?
Parkside Christian Church
What is your favorite Bible verse?
1 Corinthian 3:7 “It’s neither he who plants or he who waters who is anything, but God who makes things grow.”
What does camp ministry mean to you?
I LOVE camp ministry. There aren’t many places my family would rather be than at camp with God.
What is your favorite camp memory?
My favorite thing to do at camp is worship around a campfire. I love how the fire focuses our attention and the worship focuses our hearts.
What is your favorite dessert?
Rhubarb pie and a glass of milk!